13 Mar The Law of Attraction
Praised by coaches, therapists and friends who wish you well, you have already heard about the law of attraction. A factor of success and happiness, it would allow attract what we really want. How does it work? What are the specific tips that can it make an ally? Dive into the powers of thought and the power of vibrations.
Everyone is talking about it, especially since Rhonda Byrne’s bestseller, The Secret, was published in 2006. More than 20 million readers later, these devoted followers use the law of attraction to their advantage, and this in all areas of life: love, work, personal ambitions …
The law of attraction, what is it?
The law of attraction is the idea that everything we believe or think has an impact on our lives. In other terms, our state of mind creates our reality and we are (partly) responsible for what happens to us, positive or negative.
This law is based on vibratory frequencies. The planet, living beings, objects, nature, but also our thoughts and emotions … everything is only vibration. For everyone there is a frequency: high, medium or low, which will attract frequencies of the same level.
A little history
The law of attraction was already existent in ancient wisdoms. Karma, for example, refers to the idea that you harvest what you sow. Later, Newton and Einstein focused on the same phenomenon applied to physics. It was not until 1906 that it entered the field of the human psyche, thanks to William Walker Atkinson who revealed the powers of suggestion, focus and more broadly of thought on our life, in his book Vibration of thought.
The law of attraction is also used in the medical field. Many traditional medecins (Indian, Chinese, etc.) emphasize on the importance of the mind in getting sick or on the contrary to heal and stay healthy. It’s proven, our thoughts influence our physical state.
More precisely, what is it?
The vibration you emit will produce a certain result. If you send negativity to the Universe, you will harvest the negative, and inversely. Hence the importance of aligning our vibrations to our wishes.
For that, you have to think about what you want deep down inside you. Use your heart in this concentration, you will hence favour an aligned vibration, and the Universe will send you the experiences, objects and people corresponding to your state of mind.
Magic, do you say? Not really. You can also see the law of attraction as a logical process. Because in fact, when you really want to obtain something and that you focus on it, you are favoring a positive state of mind to obtain it, and take the risk of trying. You assume that you are responsible for your environment, and do everything to shape it to your advantage.
How to use the law of attraction?
Before you begin, be aware that the wording (internal, oral or written) of your wishes is very important. If you focus on what you do not want, your vibration is negative. If you focus on what you want to achieve, it is positive, and will therefore attract positive results. For example, “I want to live in abundance” formulates a radically different intention than “I do not want to be poor anymore”. Some good practices:
- To avoid any errors in intentions, be sure not to use a negative trend (“do not”, “no more”).
- In the same way, words or formulations with negative resonance such as devaluation “I am not good enough”, “I am too much of this, not enough of that”, or even “impossible” are to banish definitively from your vocabulary. Words are thoughts, and thoughts create our reality…
- Negativity is also present when we make judgments about ourselves or others. To block their way by silencing this little voice makes it possible to progress gradually towards purer feelings, which will open fields of opportunities.
- Settle yourself in a sense of gratitude for what you already have, rather than feeling bitter. By seeing the glass half full, you will promote a positive state of mind, which will break the negative spiral of rehashing what you do not like.
- By sweeping away negative thoughts, you are allowing more space for positive wording and words. Do not doubt while you make your wish, trust in life, and in what you deserve. You can also visualize that you are already there, it is also the base of Coué’s method and its principle of autosuggestion: “every day, in every point of view, I am getting better and better”.
- Do not just settle in repeating positive assertions, try to really feel the emotions related to the wish you have formulated. Your mind must be in the certainty of obtaining what you want. Visualization is therefore important in the process. As the writer Leo Tolstoy said, “If you want to be happy, be it”.
- To help you, one last easy exercise: dive into a happy moment to feel again the pleasure you had experienced. By emitting such positive waves, you will attract others.
The Universe acts in mirror of our thoughts, emotions and actions. These adjustments in your way of thinking and perceiving the world will allow you to reach a higher vibratory level that will attract vibrations of the same intensity.